Level 2 Food Allergen Awareness
All current courses taking place up to and including the 30th June have been rescheduled due to the governments requirements of social distancing. After this date, we will review circumstances. We will contact you to reschedule suitable alternatives.
All of our online courses are not affected and are ideal for staff working from home or in the office.
Please take a look at our online courses below as a suitable alternative for your learning:
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us online, call 0800 689 3512 or email email@example.com.
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of food allergens and foods commonly known to cause intolerance, their characteristics and effects, the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers and how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
This course is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of;
- food allergens and food commonly causing intolerance's
- characteristics and effects of allergens
- the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers
- how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
There are no subject specific pre-requisites and the qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 years and over. It is recommended that learners have a minimum of level 1 in English and maths, or equivalent.
Course length and cost
This qualification has a recommended four hours of guided learning and is usually achieved by taking a half-day, classroom-based course. The course costs £54.00 per learner, this includes the exam and certificate. Further discounts are available if ten or more places are purchased at the same time.
This course can be taken at any of our training centres or we can come to you*. Our trainers can deliver this course at your business premises, contact us online for further details.
* we can provide training at your preferred business location. If the location is within a 40 mile radius of Dereham, Norfolk or Spalding, Lincolnshire, no additional charges will be incurred. Any location outside of the 40 mile radius will be chargeable.